Sunday, April 19, 2009

Well, we survived our first camping trip! We got home at about 11 this morning, tired, hungry, and a little wet from the rain. It was a pretty good trip but not the normal relaxing pre-child camping trip that I am used to. Having a baby to chase around definitely makes things a little different!

We got to Walnut Point at about 5:30 on Friday. Katie's mom picked her up early so I was hoping that Jon could get home early so we could leave earlier. But, he wasnt able to get home until about 4:30. Then we still had to load the camper. I would have done it before he got home, but he left for work with the keys to the camper in his pocket! So I wasnt able to pack the fridge, or put anything else in that we werent able to pack on Thursday night. It was so nice on Friday that I was anxious to get there! My parents ended up going and were there before we got there. I was happy that they came because my dad was able to help us with all of the things with the camper that we were a little unsure of. It was also nice to have an extra set of hands to help with Will since I was trying to get the beds set up and everything unpacked. My mom couldnt hold Will though because of her surgery. I slept absolutely AWFUL on Friday night. I was not used to all of the noises that the camper makes, and there were geese that were honking all night long. It was so annoying. Will woke up at about 1 am and we ended up having him in our bed for the rest of the night, which was very uncomfortable! But we made it through the night without any major issues.

Saturday was a really nice day! The weather was awesome... even in the morning it was warm. We just hung out most of the day and I have to admit that I wasnt in the best of moods after having no sleep and having to constantly follow Will around to make sure that he was not eating rocks, or leaves, or sticks. I swear every time I turned my back for a second he had something in his mouth! He was pretty funny to watch though. I brought his walker and he just zoomed around from campsite to campsite. It got pretty exhausting after a few hours. I was so happy when Mindy showed up with a "baby cage" and we put Chloe and Will in it. I was actually able to sit down! Of course Jon was able to do whatever he wanted. He went fishing, mushroom hunting, and sat over at Neil and Kim's campsite just chilling by the fire. Must be nice to have such a relaxing weekend. I did not pick up a fishing rod the whole weekend. And the only mushroom hunting that I did was on the side of the road when Will fell into a pile of leaves. The only plus to having to chase around Will was that Jon was forced to do all the cooking.

It rained all night Saturday night, but luckily I was smart enough to take a tylenol pm before bed. I slept pretty well. Will only woke up once and and had to sleep with us again but I just kinda shoved him to Jon's side and rolled the other way.

Overall, it was a good weekend, but I think that next time I will be more realistic to how much fun I will actually be able to have. And I will definitley be buying one of those cages!

No comments:

Post a Comment